How We Work
Our goal is to supply responsibly (and, where possible, locally) sourced products allowing consumers to reduce their carbon footprint by supporting producers and makers who operate sustainably.
It's about getting you to stop and think for a moment:
- What produce or products do you buy?
- Where has the producer or maker sourced their materials from?
- How does all that impact upon delivery miles?
We're not advocating 'local only' but love it when producers and makers, wherever they are, have a strong environmental message. Local, however the customer defines it, can help them lower their carbon footprint by buying produce closer to them.
We facilitate this by offering online shopping by county (using listing filters) as well as by product or producer. Your product may get shipped across the country but at least you are supporting local business. It's a start.
- Committed to sustainability. We are looking for responsible suppliers with a published or stated sustainability policy.
- Delivery or Pick up. We deliver orders ourselves in our area, by post or courier further afield or customers can 'click & collect' from us.
We hold relatively small amounts of stock from each vendor to minimise wastage due to best before dates. Read about working with vendors here.
- It starts with us. That's you and I; we are what we eat.
- Control your food/delivery miles. We'll offer you quality artisan products direct from the vendor to allow you to manage your delivery miles and thereby reduce your carbon footprint.
- UK-centric. All this while supporting local producers and predominantly UK businesses.
Our aim is not to carry thousands of stock items from hundreds of vendors so we can be flexible with the way we work with vendors, so treat this page as a starting point, contact us if you want to work with us.